The Canon GroupA global group
Canon has long been recognised as a world-leading innovator even outside Japan, where the company was born in 1937. Canon rapidly developed its activities on an international level with marketing, research and development, and production subsidiaries which are now worldwide.
From cameras to multimedia
Canon has diversified its production and now produces, besides the world-famous cameras, other equipment such as copiers, printers and multimedia products.
Canon products, incorporating proprietary optical and digital imaging technologies, are also playing an increasing role in the field of medicine.
On every continent, Canon has established many subsidiaries for:
> Research & Development
> Sales & Marketing
Creation: August, 10, 1937
Leadership: Mr Fujio Mitarai, President and Chief Executive Officer
web : www.canon.com
On our continent:
> Logistic center : Canon Europa
> European Headquarters in London, UK
> Research & Development subsidiaries:
- Canon Research Centre Europe in the UK
- Canon Research Centre France
> Manufacturing subsidiary:
- Canon Bretagne in France.
> Technical support site:
- Canon Giessen in Germany.
> 29 marketing subsidiaries (one of which is in Paris)
In our country, Canon revolves around 5 autonomous bodies:
- Canon Business Solution (CBS) : Company in charge of office equipment marketing in France.
- Canon Communication & Images (CCI) : Company in charge of home, photo and video equipment marketing in France.
- Canon Bretagne : Production and end-of-life recycling unit.
- Canon Research Centre France : European Centre based in the Rennes Atalante technopole specialised in telecommunication technology applied to office automation.
- Cabasse : acoustic business unit, in France (Brest)
Canon chose to settle in Liffré, 25 km from Rennes in 1983 at the heart of several natural areas of ecological, faunistic and floristic interest.
- 800 employees.
- A six-plant industrial complex.
- Total surface area of 231,000 square metres including a covered area of 47,000 square metres.
- Machines with a total value of 80 million euros.
- Average annual investment of 16 million euros.
- A Research & Development Centre located only 20 km away from the plant.